A few hours later we were on our way. We decided to spend the night at her roommate's dad's house in Elgin,TX about 30 minutes out from Austin. We ended up taking an impromptu shopping trip to the city and then decided we weren't ready for sleep so we headed out in the truck looking for some fun :) Ran around in the woods looking for a legendary falls to swim in and couldn't find it so continued onto to Emily's old house where we walked all through the woods to the Pine Sanctuary where we lay under the branches in a bed of pine needles and stared at the stars and listening to the sound of wind in the trees.. already a pre-finals relaxer :)
The next morning we drove back to Emily's house in Giddings, TX where I am now sitting in a beautiful warm, comforting home with classical music playing softly and home-cooking wafting through the air laying on the couches studying and watching the National Finals Rodeo. Talk about a wonderful relaxing weekend.. :D Christmas decorations to come later I believe along with the Christmas music :) I believe I will be well relaxed for finals!
No comments:
Post a Comment