Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fairytales and Life

A popular Taylor Swift songs writes...
"I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale,
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet,Lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood, this is a small town,
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down,
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around"

So many are given wrong views about fairytales and their character's lives. Many look to Disney movies and say that is a fairytale and of course life is not like that and thats why you don't get the boy or your best friend grows apart from you. But I believe that life under God is a fairytale. Every fairytale has its bad guy or witch.. obviously that would be Satan. God is like the knight in shining armour who sweeps in to save us.. what nobler or selfless prince could have done something like willingly been beaten and sacrificed upon a cross to save our lives from the bad guy? 

Too often we are distracted from our true prince but He is has always waited so patiently for us and we still think we don't have a fairytale life?  A prince that perfect and loving that wants to win us over and only has our best interest in mind? To fall in love with Christ is the perfect fairytale ending because we already know we are Christ's bride. Redeeming Love is a wonderful book to illustrate this.


This may be a overused, oversimplified, child-like explanation but it is the way I view my life and the blessing that I have in Christ. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment