Tuesday, March 20, 2012

PSBS- Post Spring Break Syndrome

Well it is two class days after Spring Break and nobody has seemed to completely get in the swing of things. This morning for instance.. I do not remember 8:00 AM's being so painful to wake up for... or that might have also been the dread of walking ALL the way across campus while it was pouring down rain enough so that it looked like I had jumped into the pool for a swim with all my clothes on.. lovely right?


Well Spring Break is over and we are in the last half of the semester and tests, assignments, and papers are weighing down heavily upon us. It is a mad scramble for studying, sleeping, and going to class and then having the energy to do it all over again.. Coffee was always a good friend of mine but now has been bumped up to the honor of being titled as my best friend who keeps me going all day :p


Being on break was wonderful though! I don't know if I could have gone much longer without that much needed rest! Plus I got to work at Pine Cove over the break which made me more than happy to be around the horses again and become excited for this summer where I will be working as a wrangler for Pine Cove.. Finally after almost 5 YEARS of working there as a part time wrangler I will work a summer and receive a camp name.. oh yes..  camp names.. :)


Well this was a good way to distract myself from actually studying from a Political Science test I have. I better get to it or this blog may be reading the life of a flunked college student and that wouldn't be the same ;p 


Remember with all the craziness of school going on: 


Psalm 27:14
Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.

James 5:7-8 
Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near.

Romans 15:4
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.



The Lord is watching over and guiding us through this crazy thing called college and the beginning of our amazing lives with Him and for Him. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to come back from any break, especially the longer ones. So you're going to officially be named now? :)

    I think I woke up 3 times this morning before finally deciding to get up.

    "...Let your heart take courage..."
    "... and the encouragement they provide we might have hope."
    It's too easy to just throw up my hands and give up. For us crazy college folks patience doesn't mean wait for something to happen to you, we must patiently press on knowing that the working isn't in vain or merely for our own profit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed! Yes I will finally be getting a camp name :)

      Haha I did the same thing as well!

      Agreed agreed! Which is a very hard thing to do something to be patient and trusting both. Thank you for that reminder Peter :)

      Delete