Leslie Ludy is an author of "Authentic Beauty" and "Set-Apart Femininity" among many other great works. These books have changed my life and way of thinking over the years as varying culture and views were thrown at me. From these books I have become very moved to talk to other girls and encourage them against the world's standard.. even the standard of some Christian teens to become set-apart in our life and walk with God for a purpose. HIS purpose. I hope I can serve as a light to other girls to see this glorious offer that God has given to us.
I by no means am an expert or even successful at these things but every day I ask God to bring me closer and closer still to Him and draw me away from the worldly desires that do not serve Him. Christ alone can satisfy my soul and so every day I pray " God grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change, the COURAGE to change the things I can, and the WISDOM to know the difference."
God’s intent for us goes far beyond just saving sex until marriage, wearing one-piece swimsuits instead of skimpy string bikinis, or idolizing Christian bands and authors instead of secular ones. It is not just making sure we tack on some Christian morality to our self-indulgent lives.
His sacred intent for you and for me is nothing short of absolute abandonment to Jesus Christ, separation from the pollution of the world, and ardent worship of our King with every breath we take.
Yes, a huge vision – one that is contrary to everything our culture presents. In our modern world, we as young women seem to be presented with only two options for our femininity – we can either embrace the sensual, sexy version of womanhood glorified by pop-culture and skimpy clothing, or we can go the opposite direction and trade in perfume and make-up for grit, grunge and guy-like behavior.
But I believe both of these options cause us to completely miss out on the glorious pattern God designed for our femininity. We were created to shine with heavenly beauty, to radiate with Christ-like feminine grace and serenity, and to sparkle with the lily-white purity of our Prince. We were created to be set-apart for Him.
As you pursue this path, you will likely hear plenty of voices in the background, screaming that it is impossible to achieve this set-apart standard. But the good news is –we don’t have to achieve it on our own. As Oswald Chambers says,
"When we deliberately choose to obey God, He will tax the remotest star and the last grain of sand to assist us with all His almighty power." ( My Utmost for His Highest)
Whatever your version of femininity has been up to this moment – God desires to offer you hope and a glorious future. Jesus Christ can take a life that has been bruised, rejected or squandered and make it completely new. He can empower a weak and helpless life to rise up and conquer. No matter where you’ve been or what you’ve done or how far from Him you feel right now – He can transform you into a radiant, victorious, world-changing set-apart young woman. All you must do is come to him with a heart fully surrendered.
No comments:
Post a Comment